Not that I keep a suitcase ready under my bed, or that I have an irrational fear of my house catching on fire, but I found this website today and got inspired.
These are the things I would grab if I ever needed to leave my house in an emergency:
– “Le Petit Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupery: It is my absolute favorite book, this particular one a vintage french copy given to me by my parents when I first started taking french in high school. My mother also used to read this book to me when I was growing up in Brazil.
– Vintage Chanel purse
– Macbook Pro: For all the photos and music
– Mars at Venus studded leather jacket
– Chambray long sleeve shirt
– Red plaid dress: I used to have a similar one that was my favorite growing up, so this dress always reminds me of my childhood
– Monsieur Le Frog: stuffed animal given to me by my two younger brothers on Christmas three years ago and who keeps me company when I sleep
– Antique gold wristwatch: I found this beauty at a random antique store in Bulgaria last year. I love the fact that it says “Made in the USSR” on its face
– Carla Danelli studded leather oxfords: I found these gems at a random boutique in Buenos Aires (which happens to be the city where I was born).
– My leather bound red journal
– Navy blue scarf: another one of those items I always find myself wearing after having bought it in a flea market in Florence
What would you grab?